Business and Life Assessment
Master your Mind for Success in Business and Life Assessment
This self-assessment questionnaire is designed to have you start thinking about your ability to master your mind for success in business and life. Daniel Goleman was the developer of the concept of “emotional intelligence” in the mid 1990’s. He believed that qualities like intelligence, determination, toughness and having a vision were just part of what it took to succeed. Truly successful people are those who possess the following:
- Self-awareness: the ability to accurately understand your emotions as they are occurring, and recognize how your emotions affect your thoughts, action and behavior. Self-awareness allows you to see your strengths, weaknesses and limitations.
- Self-Management: the ability to use your awareness of your emotions, stay focused and positively direct your behavior during challenging times. It also involves taking responsibility for your actions and behavior.
- Social Awareness: the ability to accurately pick up on how other people in the situation are feeling and what is really happening for them. It is made up of both verbal and non-verbal cues. Involves listening and empathy.
- Relationship Management: the ability to use awareness of your emotions and those of others around you to manage social interactions successfully. This determines your ability to manage, influence and inspire others.
What to do
1: Assess and score each of the 12 statements that follow. Score your assessment, using a scale where
- 1 indicates that the statement is NEVER true for you.
- 3 indicates that the statement is true for you HALF of the time.
- 5 indicates that the statement is true for you ALWAYS.
2: Review your results and identify one or more areas you would like to strengthen to Master Your Mind for Success in Business and Life. Submit your questionnaire below and we contact you within 48 hours to offer some coaching solutions in a 15 Minute Discovery Call.